The seventh edition of the Singapore FinTech Festival (SFF) kicks off today as an in-person event from 31 October to 4 November. Organised by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) and Elevandi , the theme of SFF 2022 is ‘Building Resilient Business Models amid Volatility and Change’.
2. SFF 2022 will see more than 850 expert speakers and over 250 hours of content across its week-long programme. The Festival is expected to draw participants from more than 110 countries and 2,000 organisations. It will feature 450 exhibitors and 25 international pavilions across the exhibition hall.
3. The by-invitation only Capital Meets Policy Dialogue, to be held on 1 November, will bring together policymakers and investors to discuss the current innovations in financial services, exchange views on emerging risks, and share perspectives on FinTech regulation.
4. The Innovation Lab Crawl, to be held on 31 October and 1 November, will feature 26 participating organisations, including Asia FinTech Center, Capgemini, NEC Laboratories, BNY Mellon, DBS and HSBC. Located across Singapore, these organisations will showcase their latest FinTech innovations in areas such as alternative investments, decentralised investments, and insurance.
5. The Conference segment of the SFF, to be held from 2 to 4 November, will feature more than 400 sessions with government leaders, policymakers, innovators, economists, corporate leaders, and FinTech entrepreneurs. Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Finance, Mr Lawrence Wong, will open the Conference on 2 November. Key speakers from abroad include:
6. A highlight of the Conference segment is the inaugural Elevandi Insights Forum, which will bring together experts from entities such as the International Monetary Fund, the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific, the Bank for International Settlements Innovation Hub, the Milken Institute, and the Institute of International Finance, for a series of deep-dive roundtable discussions on issues such as cross-border payments, open finance, Web3, and digital assets. The participants will then follow up through industry whitepapers and lighthouse projects.
7. SFF 2022 will see the return of a physical Exhibition featuring over 450 organisations, including global financial institutions, regulators and FinTechs, showcasing the latest innovations and developments in the FinTech space. The Exhibition will feature for the first time an ESG FinTech Zone, curated in partnership with MAS’ Green FinTech Office. It will host ESG FinTechs, financial institutions, and real economy players to showcase solutions that meet key ESG data and disclosure challenges faced by companies.
8. SFF 2022 will have a strong focus on skills and knowledge development. Attendees will be able to earn their Sustainability and Digital Assets & Web3 badges upon completion of a three-day Learning Journey that allows them to experience a variety of activities at SFF. Attendees can also engage in networking and mentoring opportunities as well as Lunch & Learn sessions with industry luminaries across three days of the Festival. Curated specially for attendees and students wishing to explore a career or to upskill in FinTech is the Talent Pavilion featuring career fairs, expert talks, and learning courses.
9. Sopnendu Mohanty, Chief FinTech Officer of MAS and Chairman of Elevandi Board, said, “The industry is on the cusp of moving into three areas – Web3, digital assets, and an ESG-focused economy. We have designed SFF to reflect this shift in an open, engaging and bold way, focusing on finding solutions to today's challenges and taking definitive steps toward implementation across the financial sector. Hence, the content of SFF has shifted to the impact makers who will inspire the community to come together and drive real change.”
10. Jean-François Quentin, Group Chief Executive Officer of Constellar, said, “There is no replacement for the physical event experience in unlocking the potential of impactful partnerships. The large international profile of new and returning exhibitors reflects a hunger for the global SFF community to connect face-to-face again after two years. We are leveraging this demand at SFF by providing a robust, digitally-enabled platform for buyers, sellers and trade visitors to generate opportunities through knowledge sharing, targeted business matchmaking and expanded networking opportunities.”
11. SFF 2022 is organised by MAS and Elevandi, in partnership with Constellar and in collaboration with The Association of Banks in Singapore. Since its inception in 2016, SFF has become the premier platform for the global FinTech community to engage, connect, and collaborate on issues relating to the development of financial services, public policy, and technology.
12. Visit www.fintechfestival.sg to register for SFF 2022 and receive updates.