SEO Tips for Startups: Dos and Donts
February 13, 2018 | By
Just last week, 30 January 2018, we got the opportunity to learn more about the ins and outs of SEO from Enabler Space, a digital marketing community. And we’d like to share with you here some SEO tips for startups. Mainly the dos and don’ts that we learned from the knowledge sharing session.
- Take a holistic view on SEO and gather some preliminary understanding of the 200+ ranking factors. Only then decide how much and when you want to start investing on SEO.
- Read up on some of the core algorithms Panda, Penguin, Hummingbird and Rank Brain to get a good feel of how Google chooses which website ranks on which position.
- If you plan on investing on content marketing for SEO, read up first on EAT. Which is Google’s acronym for Expertise, Authority, Reputation. This is referring to the author of the articles that you write up or the write-up is about.
- Engage in quick wins such as link farms, blog networks or any link building scheme. The risk of earning a penalty in the long run is too high. Especially for startups with products and services who are in it for the long haul.
- Forget the importance of technical SEO which includes ensuring Googlebot has easy access to your server and website. As well as checking server uptime and website load speed.
- Churn out low quality content at scale in order to build more pages for Google to index. Rank brain is Google’s machine learning that can very easily weed out low quality content. Generate content that gives actual useful value to the reader.